Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Email to Texas LP Chair

Dear Pat:

If I am correctly reading this email exchange between the Secretary of State and yourself, someone in your leadership asked to have my paperwork checked out by the Texas Secretary of State, and their reply indicated that I had not signed the paperwork in accordance with Texas law, that the Sec. of State could not make the decision to remove my name form the LP field.

So what I'm reading is that the Texas LP leadership made a decision to preempt any potential challenge to my candidacy by unilaterally removing my name from consideration after it had been accepted the week before.

I understand the decision;  however, I think it might have been short sighted and given the contentious nature of my interactions with candidates Kathie Glass and R. Lee Wrights in recent weeks, it may have been motivated in part by political expediency rather than a moral or rational decision.

On the "short sighted" side of the issue, I've been trying to bring together the two main veins of libertarianism in the world into a stronger movement.  There is the state-centric side (the LP proper) and the vast untapped philosophical anarchist vein (Buddhists, Gandhians, Rothbardians, Tolstoyan Christians, Rockwellians, etc.).

I hope the decision to remove me was not to please a candidate or a misunderstanding of what vast potential I bring to the party's growth, being a magnet for philosophical anarchists to take a look at the LP.

Most respectfully,



Gene Chapman
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
[Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky (intellectual of the Age) and Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual)]