Friday, November 1, 2013

Question for Gene?

Question:  "How long have you been a libertarian?"

Well, I began reading the Bible seriously when I was 16.  There, I found terms like liberty and began studying their nature.  I went to Bible College at age 18 and had an outdoor advertising ministry for about 8 years, so studying terms was central to my education.

Long story short, I did a 40 day fast at the IRS Regional Center in Austin, Texas in 2003 that is covered at GeneChapman.blogspot.com/, and a fellow, Michael Badnarik, showed up at a rally on my behalf and spoke to the 80 people who flew in as far away as California and South Dakota.  Badnarik became the 2004 LP nominee for the U. S. presidency, and I continued to help him as he ran for Congress later on.

In 2006, I helped Aaron Russo make and promote his movie, "America:  Freedom to Fascism."  Later that year, I announced my candidacy for the LP nomination for U. S. president and ran until I got two speeding tickets that put me out of my trucking career for a year.  (Yes, I was suspicious of the feds involvement, as both tickets were in unmarked construction zones, and I had a perfect driving record for the proceeding 12 years.)  I'm sure my LP membership lapsed, but I've been getting mail from the national LP for years, and I've invested about $200,000 of my personal resources in Liberty efforts over the past ten years, not Libertarian Party proper necessarily.

(Note:  I converted to Gandhian Philosophy in 2011, but it is heavily influenced by Jesus Christ's "Sermon on the Mount," so it is not too big a leap for me.)

The full answer to your question is found by reading GeneChapman.blogspot.com/ from April, 2003 forward.

Gene Chapman
Tolsotyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
[Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky (Intellectual of the Age) and Dr. Ravindra Kumar (World's Most Prominent Gandhian Intellectual)]
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com