Sunday, June 30, 2013

A Vulgar Violation of Peace

Back when I was an Inerrant Christian, it was common to go to a church service and see a giant American flag draped across the entire front of the auditorium.  Today, I was flicking through the television channels and saw Pastor Charles Stanley of the First Baptist Church of Atlanta, Georgia;  yep, he had the same flag there behind him on the screen.  Now I like Stanley more than most, and I've met him.  He's a good guy in my book.  But I can see how we Americans are brainwashed with this unholy alliance between statism and religion.

It took my read of Leo Tolstoy's, The Kingdom Of God Is Within You, before I saw it.  I'll be mailing a copy to Dr. Stanley in time, but my eyes are now open to how oath-taking is such a fundamental violation of everything he stands for, everything his Christ stands for.

The Sermon on the Mount says something so unimportant, until one sees the context is the existence of the very Kingdom and the abolition of the Evil Empire:  the state.  Only when flags stop being waved in our houses of worship will Truth Only/ God have preeminence in America and peace a place at the table.

Gene Chapman,
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian for Texas Governor
(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age)
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com