Monday, August 26, 2013

"Go Not To Law"

One of the five planks of my campaign for Texas Governor is "go not to law," drawn from Christ's Sermon on the Mount.  Obviously, I am not in a position to force anyone to "go not to law";  however, I can show people that my main point, "Swear not," is not something I pulled out of thin air when I present the other four points of my platform, which are easilly recognized as being from this famous sermon (Matthew 5-7).  This is the central reason I bring it up in my platform.

If we are going to grasp a larger population in Bible-centric Texas for the Libertarian Party, the party I believe to be the last best hope for freedom on earth, we are going to have to speak to that Bible-centric population with credibility.  If I just go around saying that I am not going to take the oath of office if elected, I will be viewed as some kind of wild anarchist in the minds of this population.  On the other hand, to bring Jesus Christ to the table to be the author of his own brand of anarchism ["swear not"/ do not take oaths (ends the state and all its systems of violence)] gives us the undivided attention of  the so-called Christian community, and it gives me the platform to correct the wrong theology Texans have been taught of state-centric violence though law-making, condemning to death, going to war, etc.

If you will go to the Associated Press archive and query Gene Chapman, you will find that I used to run a Christian outdoor advertising ministry that impacted even Pope John  Paul II.  That impacted him on five continents when I was in my twenty's.

If you want to stop gay bashing from the pulpit of First Baptist Church of Dallas, give me a $100,000 budget for billboards, and I'll have every Bible reader in Texas stop it in a month.  If you want the death penalty ended, give me mobile billboards, and I'll end it.  Give me enough billboards so I can nail my Ninty-Five Thesis to the front doors of every church house in Texas;  I'll end the drug wars and the violence on the border.  If you want smaller government, just give me the keys to the Libertarian Party with a full tank of gas, and I'll give you a government reexamining everything about itself, including its very authority to exist..

If you get to a man's highest truth system (religion), you get to a man.


Gene Chapman,
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual of the Age)
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com