Thursday, May 30, 2013

Aetna Heath Insurance Intellectually Dishonest

A few months ago, I made the decision to get health insurance through the company I work for.  It was just one of those whimsical decisions.  The insurer was Aetna, and nothing was said about any requirements to sign up, not that I would have opposed giving answers to a health history.

Well, I had one of those twice a year plain jain office visits on May 20, 2013 with my family doctor.  He checked me over and tweaked up my blood pressure medication that was already on report with my company for DOT purposes.

Today, I got a letter in the mail from Aetna wanting to have me fill out paperwork before they pay the remaining $86 of my office visit demanding I tell them of my health history to determine any preexisting conditions that they might want to refuse to pay.

This is like going to buy a car for $20,000.  The salesman takes your $20,000 cash and as he is handing the keys over, stops and says, "Would you like tires and bumpers with that?"

I called the benefits department at my job to drop this intellectually dishonest insurance this afternoon and I am informed that I cannot drop the insurance until November.  So I called our HR department to discuss options.  They are not answering.

I would encourage all Texans to drop their Aetna Insurance in favor of intellectually honest insurance agencies.  This is how a non-state society runs.

The saga continues.

Gene Chapman,
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian for Texas Governor
(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky)
ChapmanForTexasGovernonr2014.com
gkchapman2014@hotmail.com