Friday, September 27, 2013

Ballot Access Update

I just got off the phone with Texas Senator Jane Nelson's office, and spoke to a case worker.  The case worker informs me that she will research my request and get back to me next week.

I explained to the case worker that I am a Gandhian and that we Gandhians do not willfully place ourselves under the jurisdiction of man laws, as man's laws are violence and violence is illegitimate to Truth, who is God.  This means that we refrain from acts to swear or affirm, etc., in a legal context.  The Texas Secretary of State's website currently requires that I swear or affirm to have the hope of ballot access in Texas.

She took down my contact information and said she would explore any provisions that might already be in Texas law to provide those of the Gandhian religion ballot access.  She said that in a worst case scenario, the Texas Legislature goes back into session in January 2015 and would have to make the provision for the Gandhian religion then.

Gene Chapman 
Tolstoyan-Gandhian Libertarian Candidate for Texas Governor
(Endorsed by Dr. Noam Chomsky, Intellectual fo the Age)
ChapmanForTexasGovernor2014.com
gkchapman2012@hotmail.com